Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Princess Cake!!!

For my sister's party/birthday present I've stayed up baking A double-chocolate princess castle cake with cream cheese frosting. For the cake, I found the most AMAZING cake recipe that uses sour cream to give the cake a moist texture. While making the cake, I've tryed and failed at a few new methods of baking.
  1. Don't pour mix directly into glass pan, add cristco and flour or wax paper to pan before pouring in the batter.
  2. Wait for cake to cool completly before taking out of pan- this means about one hour in the fridge. Otherwise the cake could break apart.
  3. Brush over cake gently before adding frosting to avoid too many crumbs.
  4. Put one thin layer of frosting on to stick to the crumbs, allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before adding the rest of your frosting.

I got this idea from on of the Betty Crocker YouTube tutorials.
    With leftover cake and some frosting, I also made these chocolate cake balls rolled in white chocolate and drizzled with pink white chocolate:)

      No comments:

      Post a Comment