Sunday, April 22, 2012
This recipe was used as a cover-up for my disaster of my mega-sweet buttercream frosting.
- 7 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Stir together
- Place in freezer or refrigerator to stiffen.
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
On Saturday I went to an overnight birthday party for my friend, Jenna. We used a cakepop maker, which I have no experience in. Lucky for me, Jenna has enough experience to know NOT to pour the batter into the machine like a waffle.
For my sister's party/birthday present I've stayed up baking A double-chocolate princess castle cake with cream cheese frosting. For the cake, I found the most AMAZING cake recipe that uses sour cream to give the cake a moist texture. While making the cake, I've tryed and failed at a few new methods of baking.
- Don't pour mix directly into glass pan, add cristco and flour or wax paper to pan before pouring in the batter.
- Wait for cake to cool completly before taking out of pan- this means about one hour in the fridge. Otherwise the cake could break apart.
- Brush over cake gently before adding frosting to avoid too many crumbs.
- Put one thin layer of frosting on to stick to the crumbs, allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before adding the rest of your frosting.
I got this idea from on of the Betty Crocker YouTube tutorials.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
In my spare time, I enjoy entering giveaways, and more often than I blog. Sorry about that, I'm going to make 2-4 desserts within the next two weeks. I decided that until the point comes for me to actually cook something, I'll share some of the food/cooking related giveaways I've found recently on this blog.